Custom pc assistance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bladesofhalo, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Ok guys I got a $3000-4000 budget to spend on a extreme gaming pc. Except I dunno anything about building my own pc, so I ask here in hopes that someone can help me with a few options. All opinions are welcome.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Thanks for the thread, I will certainly take that into consideration.

4. TimW

MA was looking at some sweet systems.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

I was considering Alienware but the pc I custom built there would cost me in the mid 9,000's, lol :rolleyes:

6. TimW

Ouch:mad: :mad:

7. frankzro

frankzro Corporal

YOU FOOL!... Alright I have been building Pc's for 5 years man. The one thing I know when building a PC is Nothing has to cost THAT much man... I have a system right now Im builinding for a lil over 1k and its Great... Lemme see man I Bought this Mother Board "MSI K9N SLI Platinum" Its Great from what I hear and if you do not mind buying a chip that is 2.8ghz Dual Core AMD AM2 DO IT... Remeber you have like 3k-4k to kill... And also I know Alienware is nice But if you want to know EVERYTHING about your computer and never have to ask any one then Building is the way to go.. ITs like having a car, you take care of it because you appriciate the fact that you put your hands into the thing. Eh man if you ever wanna see how much the parts cost see me "frankzro" and also Visit www.newegg.com thats a great site. oh yeah I will aslo add these parts too AND make sure when your getting a PC make it an SLi man... dont get dooped dude when u goto sites like Alienware and Dell its like buying a car and u know wat thats like... they only tell u about the good stuff and u never know about the bad. YOU have many options and MANY days to figure it out man. oh yeah :p heres what Im puttin in my stuff : "1)Geforce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card(x2 SLi),
    2)AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model, 3)CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), 4) ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball Green LED Light CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail " Good luck man and take your Time :)

8. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I f you spend over $2000 on a pc you have more money than you know what to do with, you will get nothing more for $3000 from a pre-built pc, have a local shop do it, or better yet do it your self. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds