Custom PC case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crisis, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Crisis

Crisis Private E-2

Hope this is in the right section.

I've been tossing the idea around about building my own PC case. So far the only thing I think I am set on is constructing it out of plexiglass. Does anyone have any suggestions, cool ideas, or maybe even some of there favorite links cover this topic.

Maybe we should start an official "Major Geeks Custom PC Case" topic or even forum section. :)

2. stardis

stardis Private E-2

I think that would be pretty cool. I would sometime like to do that also.

I have gotten (cheaply) some really nice and thick pieces of plexiglass from a company that makes custom displays. I used them for woodworking projects.
    The hard thing about working with that material is cutting it neatly. You need a bandsaw or jigsaw with the ability to cut slowly. LUCITEĀ® would be good I think but expensive.

I am not sure about glue. I would probably use super glue--"Hot Stuff" brand (wonderful stuff).

The best fasteners-- there are several places I can think of to check.

Bottom line is it would cost a lot of money but would be fun to do.

3. Crisis

Crisis Private E-2

4. stardis

stardis Private E-2

Thanks for those links, I will enjoy reading there.
    Whatever I end up making, I would like it to be super professional looking-- nicely machined and well thought out.

5. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

I think sombody posted a couple of cool cases a while back (maybe a year or so). One was the millenium falcon http://mods.xkill.net/making/Millenium_Falcon_PC/ and the other was a replica of a military issue hummer. (couldnt find the link)

If you really mean to create one, dont limit your imagination! :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds