Customize or Modify a Recovery CD Sony VGN-TX650P

Discussion in 'Software' started by stopads, Jan 29, 2007.

1. stopads

stopads Private E-2

Greetings Everyone,

I own a Sony VGN-TX650P laptop. I was wondering if anyone out knows how to modify a recovery cd. My problem is that I hate reinstalling all the unneeded software that comes default with the laptop. I would like to know how to hack the recovery cd and only install the drivers that I want installed. Basically, I want to only use one CD, instead of 2, and integrate the newer updates and drivers onto one DVD. I know I could probably use nlite for this, but it won't modify recovery cds. The only thing that has worked for me so far (but is EXTREMELY tedious) is when I install the default programs during a reinstall, I press crl+alt+delte for the task manager, cancel the program being installed in the "Processes" tab, and click "End Process" on the offending program. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this please share your thoughts with me. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds