Cyberfox Update Won't Load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Tried unsuccessfully to update Cf, got this msg about cause:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: updater.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.8.0
    Problem Signature 03: 589e5c64
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 4.6.1087.0
    Problem Signature 06: 583e5c41
    Problem Signature 07: 1f9f
    Problem Signature 08: 6b
    Problem Signature 09: System.Net.Sockets.Socket
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Cyberfox shot up an error on my 64 bit Win 7 laptop about failing to update (.NET 4.6.1) and yet, when I checked, it had updated to the correct version.

I have to download and manually run on my 32 bit desktop because I do not have .NET 4. I only have .NET 3.5 on three of the omputers - less patching and nothing I use requires .NET 4 except this browser.

Don't spend too much time worrying about Cyberfox because it is going away at the end of this year.
    Source: https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1756

4. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Exasperated with entire problem, had it checked by shop that built my computer.
    If I understand correctly, there was a conflict with the update and the version that was already installed. I mistakenly asked the shop who fixed my problem what was causing the hangups. I got an earful of "techno babble."
    Now that I got that corrected only to read your comment about CF going away. Just getting familiar with CF and not having all the quirks MFF was giving me.
    Any idea on what will replace it, if anything in particular?
    Well, anyway, thanks for putting in so much effort toward solving the problem.
    Think I'll do easy things with my computer like solving the equation on finding the ambient of the exponentially given cube on a gradient of 4 degrees +/_ in a hypothetical quadrant analysis.

Skysarge

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

6. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I use cyberfox my self.Never seem to have any issues like yours though.

May be mine is a little more tweaked than yours i guess.

Cyberfox is mainly for people that want to build apps for firefox.

Things can crash.

CyberFox and PaleMoon have their own profiles, act as separate browsers from Firefox. Waterfox uses local Firefox profiles, unless installed portable.

There is not much of speed difference between all the apps.But the profiles are different.

Edit: Cyberfox has both 32bit and 64bit amd and intel versions.Let me look through my settings to see if i can figure out the check for updates issue.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  7. Anon-469e6fb48c

Make sure in your Tools/Options/Advance/ Than click on update.

While your in update go to the cyberfox update options.

Uncheck all but Enable update check.

To see if that will work for you.

8. Anon-469e6fb48c

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds