CyberSieve... any similar apps????

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, Feb 23, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I accidentally removed an app called Cyber Sieve from a friend's PC, not realizing what it was and that she really likes it and needs it. (OOOOOPS!) Anyway, are there any free apps that do the same thing?? Or any apps that aren't free?? It's like a firewall, but you can restrict internet access to certain times of day, and you can password internet access keeping people that aren't 'in the know' off the web. And on top of this, it's a firewall also (I think). Any ideas?? Links?? Suggestions?? I tried to system restore the PC back to before I removed it (it was detected as a virus and deleted) and system restore failed and couldn't roll back to the 21st or 22nd of Feb..... any help will be appreciated!

hopperdave2000

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I forgot to add the Cyber Sieve website:

http://www.softforyou.com

Cyber Sieve is listed at the bottom of the page... check it out to see what it does. It like a parental control app on steroids and crack ;)

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

What do you mean by System Restore "failed"?

Steve

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

By saying that System Restore failed I mean that I initiated a system restore, picked a date, etc.... it went thru the entire process, rebooted itself, and upon reboot I got the message "System Restore Failed. Windows was unable to restore to Feruary 22 (or something like that). No files or folders have been changed". That's not the exact msg, but it's really close to that. It was red lettering on a white background. It then loaded to the desktop and everything was OK, but CyberSieve is gone. So; back to the original question: are there any free replacements for CyberSieve?? Any replacements that aren't free??? Check the website I posted above for info about what CyberSeive does. It's like a souped-up parental control app for the web..... any help/links/suggestions will be appreciated!

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds