D-Link can't Load Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Squiffy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Squiffy

Squiffy Private E-2

Installed D-link DWA-140 on my laptop running Windows7 SP1,
    no problem with the installation.
    Clicked on the D-Link icon, up came D-link Wireless Connection Manager this was empty, clicked on new and entered my wireless network, clicked on activate, nothing happened.

Went to Network and Sharing Center, On the left clicked on change adapter settings, my D-link Connection is showing Disabled, right click, then on Enable, changed to enabling, then enabled, D-link still Disabled.

I have the message, Wireless adapter not found, Please insert the adapter now.

My question is?. Where do I find the Wireless Adapter.

I went to Device Manager then Network adapters the D-Link adapter is showing and there is no yellow mark on it, right clicked, This device is working properly.

Thank you for your help.
    rolleyes

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If your Win7 is 64bit, make sure you have 64bit drivers. If thats correct, I would try a different USB port. If that doesn't work, try re-installing the drivers with the device in a different port.

3. nimd4

nimd4 Private E-2

Also check whether it's actually present in the Device Manager. If not, it could be a Windblow$ activation problem (expired).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. Squiffy

Squiffy Private E-2

Thank you for your help my OS is Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, I also have Vista on the same Laptop (Duel Boot) with D-Link DWA-140 installed.
    Was installed on the same day and worked with no problem.
    rolleyes

5. nimd4

nimd4 Private E-2

These 2 topics don't help?

Code:
    forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=5439.0
    Code:
    dlink.com.sg/support/support_detail.asp?idProduct=197

6. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Does it work when you boot Vista?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds