D-Link DI-514, not getting an access point..??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JDM_SOHC, Nov 26, 2006.

1. JDM_SOHC

JDM_SOHC Private E-2

can anyone help me?? im trying to connect my PSP through my router an it keeps saying cant find access point.. i already went to the routers IP address in an Internet Explorer window, an ran the wizard an all that an still cant find it.. Can someone help please..??

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

Are you broadcasting your SSID?

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Here are some suggestions from the PSP support FAQ and the link to it -

# If you are having connection issues, deactivate the Power Saving feature in the PSP. Access the 'Power Save Settings' menu from the PSP System Software. Then change the 'WLAN Power Save' option to OFF.

# Does your Wireless Access Point support 802.11g wireless devices? If so, please make sure that it is configured either to communicate using 802.11b, or is in "Mixed Mode", so it will communicate with both 802.11g and 802.11b devices.

# Does your Wireless Access Point filter MAC addresses? If so, you will need to enter the PSP MAC address into the filter table as an allowed device.

# Try to powering off your your Wireless Access Point, router (if applicable), and broadband modem for a minimum of 2 minutes and powering back up.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

4. JDM_SOHC

JDM_SOHC Private E-2

yeah i tried to WLAN Power Save thing and that didnt work, an i've looked into it an it says that my router supports 802.11g/b devices... I still cant get it to work though, this is nuts.. My psp works fine as my girlfriends house with her router, than i go home an blam cant connect if my life depended on it... When I type in my routers IP address in internet explorer an goto its settings i've made sure all the numbers and letters match but still no connection between them...

5. JDM_SOHC

JDM_SOHC Private E-2

just stumbled over this thread years later and guess what I'm back to messing with this damn router... I've never been able to get the WLAN light to come on, it's a D-Link DI-514 router.... I've done power cycles, firmware upgrades/downgrades, ran the wizard numerous times and just can't get it to turn on?

6. JDM_SOHC

JDM_SOHC Private E-2

The wireless has no sent/received information and in my log i have this error about 500 times in a row "dhcpc_input: pLeaseId NULL."

7. JDM_SOHC

JDM_SOHC Private E-2

So I upgraded the firmware, and now the router will not reset and my connection stays on "Unidentified" I've tried resetting it as well and it doesn't reset... Did the power cycle thing, still no luck..?? So now I'm stuck w/o internet, but if I straight wire my modem to the computer it works... I also cannot access the routers IP settings page..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds