D-Link G630 incorrect gateway

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by imhangen, Jul 6, 2005.

1. imhangen

imhangen Private E-2

I will try and be brief.

My home network is using a Microsoft router with three pc’s and one printer connected to it all working fine. I have one laptop with the Microsoft wireless adapter also working fine. I have purchased the D-Link adapter G630 for a second laptop. The first problem was the IPHLPAPI.DLL file needed to be updated. This file has been updated.

My current problem is that I can not seem to get this laptop to obtain an ip address within my network. It grabs a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. The Laptop is in the correct workgroup and the workgroup shows up in the N.Neighborhood. Signal strength is also good on the card. Web key security with the correct key is also entered and the channel is also correct. Originally I had the Microsoft card in this laptop and would periodically run into the same problem and I could go through an uninstall and reinstall of the card to correct this problem. How can I get the laptop to find the correct sub mask and default gateway? An uninstall and reinstall on the d-link card does not resolve the problem. Laptop is running win98se.

I

2. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0

3. imhangen

imhangen Private E-2

That is the problem, I know the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0. I have configured the machine with an ip address with the correct subnet mask and default gateway. This should be done automatically as on my other laptop. However, even when I manually configure the machine with the ip and so on it still does not show up on the network with the other machines. The workgroups are all the same and I have verified the web key and channel.

Any other suggestions out there.

Ida

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds