Damaged Jpeg Photos

Discussion in 'Software' started by hotrod99, Nov 9, 2015.

1. hotrod99

hotrod99 Private E-2

hey there, i need help with my jpeg photos, im unable to open them, error message is, windows viewer is not supports this format, this happened after i cleaned my pc.. so im hoping i can get help with this, also try some free jpeg software repair, but it comes up with no file found... help and thx:)

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Your photos were encrypted with Cryptowall.
    To view them, they need to be decrypted for which a password is required.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you right click one of them and choose "open with" if you choose Windows Photo Viewer = does it open and is viewable?

also if you right click and choose properties on a photo file what type of file format is it listed as?

Whats your Windows version and service pack?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you right click one of them and choose "open with" if you choose Windows Photo Viewer = does it open and is viewable?

also if you right click and choose properties on a photo file what type of file format is it listed as?

Whats your Windows version and service pack?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds