Damaged Partition

Discussion in 'Software' started by attiliov, Sep 1, 2008.

1. attiliov

attiliov Private First Class

I am running Windows XP on a 300GB HD. About 10GB of it is partitioned where I store some files. The rest of it is the parition where Windows XP is installed and almost everything else is stored. For some reason the larger partition (where XP is installed) became damaged. I connected it to my laptop using a IDE to USB adapted in order to try and backup some data before I try anything, but I get that the XP partition cann't be accessed. The 10GB parition is fine, I was able to get into there and backup my data with no problem, but the XP partition is giving me problems. I really need help:(.

2. Axis304

Axis304 Private E-2

I found PC Inspector to be a very good use when I needed to recovery my corrupted flash drive. Its free as well!

http://www.pcinspector.de/download_all.htm?language=2

Also, please noticed the website is in german (I belive?) so I just guessed around till I found the right location.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. attiliov

attiliov Private First Class

thanks that program is pretty good

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds