Dangerous GPU temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by splitt3r, Mar 12, 2006.

1. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

When I ran 3dmark06 I had everest on in the background, right after the test firefly forest 2 the temp read GPU 82C tahtw as with my case open and I can say it is HOT my card was OCed a while back but I put it back at stock clock and uninstalled coolbits so it is now at 500/1000 it idles at about 51C. what should I do? 82C will kill my 6600gt if it gets like that durning normal gaming. I looekd at the arctic coolers and none of them said theyw ere compatible with a 6600gt, mine is an Evga 6600gt 128mb

2. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

would anyone reccomend this? and will it fit in a micro ATX case on my new compaq SR1630NX I have 1 open pci slot underneath the video cards and I can free up another by taking out the modem that I don't use(I have wifi)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186130
    Not only would it run cooler it would run quieter, my GPU fan is loud as hell, teh cpu and case fans are fairly quiet so I wont need to replace them soon.

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Yup I have one for my 6800gt, its quiet but did I did have some installation trouble,before you buy the cooler check the dimensions of your card against this diagram to make sure it will fit,I didnt and had clearance trouble with the cards mosfet heatsink,I couldnt be bothered returning the cooler so I dremeled a small hole the underside of the nv5's housing

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/downloads/compatibility/height_restr_nv6_r2.pdf

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds