Darik's Boot and Nuke not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by KustenWatch, Mar 19, 2015.

1. KustenWatch

KustenWatch Private E-2

Hey,New here but here's the thing. I work for a land mgmt. co. A company moved out in the night and had not paid rent so went to court got an injunction changed locks etc. Our pres let us go in and take what we wanted ( a crapload of computer and other stuff was left behind) I got a Lenovo G580 with W/8 laptop password protected. Burned a disc of Darik's nuke and boot but when in CD drive nothing happens, pressing F2, F8 or F10 does nothing, still defaults to windows screen. Tried the sticky key trick... nothing, removed both batteries... nothing! Any help here would be appreciated. I also have a windows 8 pro installation CD but that does not help either (from same source). Must I install a new drive?

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, KustenWatch. Welcome to Major Geeks! :)

In order to be able to boot from the Darik's CD, you need to go into BIOS/UEFI and change the boot type from UEFI secure boot enabled to Legacy with secure boot disabled. If you don't, the computer will only boot to the hard drive. After the new Win 8 is installed, go back and change back to UEFI secure boot enabled.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds