Dark but working laptop display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PC12Cowboy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. PC12Cowboy

PC12Cowboy Private E-2

I have a compaq 2500 series laptop , its four years old and the backlighting is gone..I'm not able to see it unless there is an outside source of illumination..its old and I'm not able to buy a new one..All help greatly appreciated in advance
    Thank you

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

did you turn the brightness or contrast down by accident?

3. PC12Cowboy

PC12Cowboy Private E-2

no they are both at the maximum allowed
    but I did have a sticky sleep button and its now fixed...;)

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Connect a monitor to it until you want or can afford to get another computer. If you don't have a monitor, there are usually old CRTs for sale cheap at places like the Salvation Army or Good Will shops.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

You can always try e-Bay for the laptop screen. :)
    Someone is usually selling complete, or partial, Compaq laptops.
    Just be sure you have the exact model and screen size you are looking for. Compaq part number is always a help as well. Best of luck.
    I just bought a replacement Keyboard for an old Compaq laptop for AUD$20 including postage off e-Bay. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds