data burning

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tribulattifather, May 14, 2004.

1. Tribulattifather

Tribulattifather Private E-2

I have my friend's windows 2000 disc so I can finally format my computer finally (as you all may know from my other post in software and networking) and before I format my computer I want to copy this disc because I do not want to keep asking him for it everytime to redo my computer... the problem is that the disc doesnt want to burn on the programs that I am using to make the cd.....ive tried using easy cd creator 5 platnum (which isn't so platnum...lol...), deepburner and burn4free. I've tried to use windows media player and the windows xp way... but all pretty much do the same thing...i get halfway done with burning it and then it says there is an error....i've wasted six discs and i'm starting to get angry... what do I need to do to make this burnable or what do I need to use to burn it correctly....Nero? If I am right, then what nero is the best one to get..........I do not mind buying software either....so, tell my the best one and ill get it...

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I Cant say what is best, cause havent used All.
    I Have Nero 5 , roxio easy creator 5, and even have the free, Deep burner,
    All three can copy bootable disc
    I mostly use Nero, CD-RW have lite-on 52X and maddog 52x burner, sony 4x.
    With my Nero and my lite-on burner I have never had failed burn, If I copy anything important I always burn at slow speed 4x or less, Nero program can simulate burn before actually burn and will tell you max burn speed.
    If I was to make legal back up copy of OS I would burn it at slowest speed 1x /4x max, depends on program and burner.
    Fastest burn speed's lead to errors
    Last note other factors are disk quality, burner quality, even cdrom player quality, dont forget program quality.
    some burned disks can be read by one cdrom and not another, some burners just burn sloppy.
    Nero is my favorite.
    Suggest Nero 6 ultra edition/ hopefully ya got ok burner

3. Tribulattifather

Tribulattifather Private E-2

i have a 52x burner and maybe thats what the problem was....maybe burning it too fast.....i also want to know if it is even possible to use the 2000 disc since i am using XP....all i really want to do is format my hard drive....what do i do to use the windows 2000 disc to do that.....

4. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

5. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Baloney.

You can do a clean install or an repair/upgrade install from the XP CD, you don't have to save your data if you don't want to.

By "REAL" format do you mean the old DOS/9x/ME fdisk/format?

Partitioning/formatting from a 2k or XP CD is much more thorough than the old way.

6. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Agreed with Alan

Unfortunately Thundermoon that is baloney ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds