Date Format in MajorGeeks Website

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frebnad, Apr 9, 2009.

1. frebnad

frebnad Private E-2

Dear MajorGeeks Co-Owners and whoever is responsible for such matters,

Have quite recently become a MajorGeeks Member.

Just a thought.

Can you introduce a choice of date format in the website? Personally, I prefer "Fri 10 APR 2009" or "10 APR 2009", but would not be averse to "APR 10, 2009". The US all-figures date version (month/date/year) is messy to a UK person who visualizes dates as date/month/year.

You may wish to consider this.

Thanks.

2. randommayham

randommayham Private E-2

That would probably take a lot of programming to get that done and be more of a pain in the butt. It takes a little to get used to the format, but it's not totally inconvenient.

3. frebnad

frebnad Private E-2

I personally don't think it would take that much programming. The month field table for, say, 04-10-09, could simply be changed from numeric to alpha and become Apr10-09, but I am subject to correction about the degree of programming complexity. Even a cursory examination of the MG site indicates that the developers have taken great pains to ensure user friendliness despite its vastness and comprehensiveness. This site has truly become an international one in all respects; if the upper echelon at MajorGeeks accept what I feel, they may decide to make the change. As I mentioned and implied in my first post, this is just a thought to improve and make still more universally user friendly an already excellent site, and MajorGeeks may wish to consider it.

4. shimself

shimself Private E-2

Just another nudge in the same direction
    Major geeks is a globally relevant website, so please scrap the parochial (and illogical) US date format and use something unambiguous. Go on, you know it makes sense.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds