DCOM Process Launcher, Plug and Play and Power Services Unexexpectedy Stop

Discussion in 'Software' started by widmerj1, May 20, 2012.

1. widmerj1

widmerj1 Private E-2

All of sudden my laptop started to receive messages like "Plug and Play Service has stopped unexpectedly - your computer must shutdown" and "Power Service has stopped unexpectedly - restarting" and DCOM Process Launcher has unexpectedly stopped - shutting down. Apparently these three services share a SVCHOST process and that is why I get any of the three as the error/failure.

This only appears to happen when I attempt to plug in headphones to the USB port or try to access the "Manage Audio Devices" option in the Control Panel.

A Flashdrive and Wireless mouse receiver plugged in OK to the same USB port. The same headphones do not cause any of the other computers in the house to crash and rstart.

This is a brand new (March purchase) laptop running Windows Home Premium 64 bit.

If I leave the earphones plugged in on reboot the message appears again and restarts again and again. When removed the computer seems to function normally.

I completed the entire process on the Malware Board and they determined that my logs were clean and that I should begin researching a solution on this Board.

Any suggestions on how to start fixing this issue?

Thanks!

2. Sionnagh

Sionnagh Private E-2

My laptop has just started to do this as well. Same thing - plugging in USB headset. There was no problem last week so I'm guessing a Windows update is the root cause.

;-)
    Mick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds