Ddr400 @433

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrianBakerOrlando, Oct 26, 2005.

1. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

Is it ok to run DDR400@ DDR433 Speeds? i did have to bump my vcore up a bit and my DDR Voltage to 2.75 for it to stay stable.But will these speeds hurt my Memory if left at 433 for everyday use?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hard to tell, once you start to overclock then you are in the hands of the PC Gods, you may find that you have no problems, especially if your case/hardware cooling solution is very good...... or as the hardware is being stretched past recomended default speeds it may fail.

PC parts do have a little leway in them especially top spec'd parts BUT it's the chance you take... personally I these days prefer stability over pushing the limit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds