Dead Rising 2 Freezing in Middle of Game

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlbinoFoxRacer, Mar 16, 2012.

1. AlbinoFoxRacer

AlbinoFoxRacer Private E-2

I am new to this website so I apologize for posting about this issue multiple times if it has already been discussed but I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything that helps me fix this issue. So that said, the trouble at hand.

Since installing Dead Rising 2 my game has continued to freeze about 15 minutes into gameplay. It doesn't happen in one specific location it happens anywhere in the game. I know my laptop has well over the system requirements. It is an HP Pavilion dv7t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition with the specs below:

8 GB RAM

Dual Graphics Cards:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family &
    Radeon (TM) HD 7690M XT (I use this graphics card)

Beats Audio

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Windows 7 64-Bit

I have tried changing the sound to 24 Bit, 48000 Hz and my game still freezes. What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What I would try in seeing if this will resolve the issue of freezing is to disable all background tasks and startups so use msconfig (start > type in start search box msconfig and hit enter) then in the startup tab disable all startups and reboot and see if your game works ok?

I'm just thinking that you may have a task running like security app thats slowing the game down.

Also make sure your Windows is upto date as well as your drivers, but only get them from HP.

3. AlbinoFoxRacer

So I took your advice. I ran msconfig and disabled everything in startup, now just need to try the game. I did go to the HP website as well and downloaded a sound driver, graphics driver, essential updates, and some other things. When I installed the sound driver, my system did not ask if I wanted to overwrite any files so this may have been my problem; however, when I try installing the graphics driver, I get an error saying Application Install: install package failure!

I also forgot to mention I use an xbox 360 wired controller with my laptop when I play dead rising 2. Could this cause the game to freeze?

I am going to reiterate what happens when my game freezes because I may have left out some vital things that could help you guys discover the problem. My game will just freeze about 15 minutes into gameplay and sometimes the game will presume about 10 seconds later but most of the time the screen turns black and I have to ctrl-alt-del to end my game. When task manager comes up, it says the game has stopped responding. Hopefully being more descriptive can help you guys find out the culprit of the issue.

It confuses me because I play Skyrim all the time and my system will get way hotter than it does with Dead Rising 2 when it freezes. I think, actually I know it is a game issue. Just wished Capcom would take its time testing these games.

4. AlbinoFoxRacer

[EDIT]

I did get my graphics card driver to install correctly. Will see what happens when I play the game now.

5. AlbinoFoxRacer

Nope, still having the same issue except this time my game froze literally 2 minutes after my game started. The air blowing out of the vent is warm not even hot at all. Do you think it is an issue with the game?

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

It could be and just with that game only, maybe in the way the USB controller polls the PC for a signal to allow you to navigate the game, so try without.

Although if you use the same controller with Skyrim and that game is ok then its likely to be Dead Rising 2, did look for a game update patch but while one was listed there ws on download link on CapComs site! but I did come across this HERE which may help, some good options to try and re-installing Games for Windows Live is one I have heard of before in that this app can get corrupted or need an update.

I would also contact CapCom's support and ask if a patch is available for this game.

7. Dennny

Dennny Private E-2

TO: AlbinoFoxRacer
    Please how can I change the video card which I want to use. I also have: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family & Radeon (TM) HD 7690M XT
    Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds