dealing with a sony laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Keyser Soze, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

i just bought a new laptop, it is a sony vgn-fz200

it has windows cista on it right now, i am tryng to put xp po on it as the main and only OS, i want to wipe the hdd completely and put XP on there, if it was a PX i would just go into vios an set it to boot from cd drive, but on this when i tried it didntwork it instead asked me if i was to boot from safe mode...

what do i need to do differently?

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

i cant edit my post? anyways i got past that problem and got into the bios i sent the cd drive to boot first and the internal hdd to boot second, ok it goes into the winxp setup, but it does not detect the internal hdd

so now that is a significant problem

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

You only have around 4-6 minutes to edit a post. That is an MG policy.

As for going from Vista-->XP on a new laptop, be very careful. New laptops are more designed for Vista and may not go back to XP easily. Lots of new machines come with a CD to go back to XP, such are the volume of complaints on how difficult it is. Bazza

===

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

i checked with sonyb and you are correct, the drivers on this thing are built for cista only, anything else it wount function, grr

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Maybe some other MG member can give you different advice, but it doesn't look good. :cry :( Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds