Decompressing a split RAR archive

Discussion in 'Software' started by danushnazar, Jul 18, 2015.

1. danushnazar

danushnazar Private E-2

I have a mpeg file which is compressed and split into 11 volumes in a RAR format. As usual for the program - the first volume in the sequence has a normal .rar file extension with subsequent volume extensions enumerated as .r00, .r01, r02 etc. How do I decompress and unite the volumes? When I open each volume I can see the mpg file its total size and the size of the individual volume. When I try to extract a the first single volume (JL.rar) I see the progress box as it decompresses but when it reaches the end I get the following message in a WinRar warning box: Message # 1. CRC failed in JL.mpg. File is broken. When I do the same with any of the other volumes the same thing happens and I get the following messages: Message # 1. CRC failed in JL.mpg. File is broken. Message # 2 JL.r01: Unexpected end of archive. How do I decompress and unite the file's components so I can view the file? Thanks in advance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Please put punctuation and spaces in your post.
    I'm a senior citizen and when I see what is posted, because it is too hard for me to read, I move on. I suspect others might feel the same.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Do you have WinRAR installed? The latest version - 5 has changes that are not compatible with older versions. So if it was created with 5, and you have 4, it will not unrar. If you have WinRAR installed & integrated into the right click menu, select the first file .rar, right click and select extract here. If it still errors it is junk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds