Deer Hunter 5 crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, Sep 21, 2009.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I just got Deer Hunter 5 and after i installed it i went to play it crashed to the desktop... If i click the icon and click the splash screen it crashes and if i don't click on the splash it won't crash until it gets done playing the infogames video. I have tried compatibly mode, changed screen size patched it to 1.2 and reinstalled it I just don't know....

Spec's
    windows XP SP3
    P4 lga775 2.8ghz HT
    EVGA 6800GS CO edition
    ECS 848P-A7 LGA 775 Intel 848P ATX Intel Motherboard
    1gig pc 3200
    200gig hdd.

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

This is what showed up in Event Viewer

Attached Files:

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

No one can even take a guess at what might be causing this?

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It would be a wild guess because the Event viewer info means nothing :(

Run Dxdiag and check for missing files or beta versions of files. Check that you have the latest Chipset drivers installed. Did you install from CD? If so, have you tested it on another PC to rule out some kind of corruption?

5. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Tested it on my backup computer and it worked just fine and i have no problem running any other game but that one. Everything is upto date but i think it has something to do with my computer its self and its been needing it so i am doing a reinstall of windows

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds