Default mail client not set

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ka5bhy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Ka5bhy

Ka5bhy Private E-2

I am having a problem with Windows 7 I use Incredimail as my mail client. If I click on send a link from my browser I get a popup saying Error default mail client not set. Then multiple internet explorer windows pop in a few seconds. I have gone into Control panel and set Incredimail as my mail client but that doesn't solve my problem. :( I admit to being a novice at this.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Ka5bhy

Ka5bhy Private E-2

I have done this and done this but for some reason windows will try to open Internet explorer. When this happens I have no control over the computer. IE will continue to open pop ups until the computer freezes. I can close the pop ups but they will pop up until the only option is to turn the computer off. I cannot shut it down normally.

Thanks

4. plodr

5. Ka5bhy

Ka5bhy Private E-2

I have scanned with AVG and with Advanced System Care nothing found found. I do a complete scan with Advanced System Care each night never found any malware. I will look into anything.

6. Ka5bhy

Ka5bhy Private E-2

I'll follow the suggestions tomorrow I'm too tired tonight. I'm game for anything to solve this problem.

7. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

The scans tools you are using just are not sufficient.

If you follow the guide that plodr posted and use those tools, if the problem is malware, then by the time you're done
    it could be fixed.

You may want to keep some of that software for regular use.

8. Ka5bhy

Ka5bhy Private E-2

OK I finished the scans with all the tools mentioned found one virus and that was by using Hitman Pro Hope the log attaches ok.

Attached Files:

9. plodr

Head here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35
    We don't do malware here. We let that to chaslang and the malware fighters. Post a thread in the malware section, and link to your logs here.
    They will want to see more than just 2 logs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds