Defeating site trackers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikachan, Jun 28, 2006.

1. mikachan

mikachan Private E-2

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please re-direct me if it is...

now

I habitually visit a site that I know uses sitemeter as a stat tracker. I would like to be able to visit this site WITHOUT my information being logged for that user. Ideally, I would like to be able to visit the site without any record of my visit. If that is not possible, I would like to be able to omit some of the information. Specifically, I would like for the user of that account to be unable to see my ip address, town (state is ok) ISP, domain name, or referring URL. I have contacted Sitemeter about this, but they have not responded. Thank you very very much.

Mika

2. mikachan

mikachan Private E-2

actually ideal would be to be able to alter the information that my computer sends out. For example, to be able to chcange my information from saying kansas to saying bangledesh or something similar.

3. mikachan

mikachan Private E-2

nobody?

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Look for a program called tor.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds