Delay during the connecting startup process with my adsl line

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chanfle, Jun 18, 2007.

1. chanfle

chanfle Private E-2

Hi to everyone there, i hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance, and sorry if my english isnt good enough.

I have an adsl router, and its brand new, when i turn on the computer and the system is loaded, stable, and ready to work, my internet connection isnt ready yet, takes around 5 minutes or more for the pc to make it work properly, so i can start browsing and all the cool stuff.

Is interesting to see through the firewall monitor, how it attempts to send packets, and the green line which equals to tx ones are on a very low level while the rxs one are high, during this "startup" process, and also i had an older router previously which had the same problems, so i formatted the os, i changed the network card to another slot, and i installed this brand new router, but something weird happened at the beginning because when i tried to set the ip number i tried with the old one, the same one the network card had on its former slot, and it said it could create a conflict since there was another card interface "hidden" which had the same ip number, but not installed for the moment(it keeps happening if i attempt to come back to the old ip setting), so i just changed the ip number on its last octet, and voila it worked smoothly for some weeks, till this problem i describe came up again, and now i am worried about not being able to use the internet anymore, if this gets worse.

Do you guys think this could be related with a slot, bus or chipset problem, i changed my soundcard to another slot, because it wouldnt be recognized on the older one some months ago, if so can i repair that?, or it could be just a bad router configuration, the isp technicians don't know what to do, and they say that is not a problem that the company can take care off.

The router brand is conexant and the model is x8821r vulcan., i have a pIV 2.4 ghz processor, my mainboard is a perl 865, and the network card is a dlink DFE-530TX.

Thanks for your time, and i hope you can help me.

Cheers.

Oscar.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds