DELAYLOAD:SHELL32.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by ATS, May 28, 2011.

1. ATS

ATS Private E-2

C++ DELAYLOAD:SHELL32.dll

Good afternoon all,

I'm very new to programming but I've set myself a challenge that I have to overcome.

I want to set up voice recognition macro's to run on my P.C so I installed Windows Speech recognition Macros. However when I click on it, it states:
    The proceedure entry point SHCreateItemFromParsingName could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll. So...

I installed Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010 then... Clicked on debug - Star Debugging, then Project - Shell 32 Properties - Common Properties - Linker - Input - Delayloaded DLL's, then edit and I typed in /DELAYLOAD:shell32.dll.

However when I click on Windows Speech recognition Macro's I'm still getting the same error message.

My system:
    Microsoft Windows XP, SP3,
    AMD Athlon 42x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    2.20GHz, 3.50GB RAM,
    Physical Address Extension

Please can you help??!
    Kind Regards
    ATS:confused

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. ATS

ATS Private E-2

Any help please with C++?

3. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

4. ATS

ATS Private E-2

Thanks PC-XT for that link.

I've run the CMD dialog box and system check through the DOS based program and it seems that a few errors have occured. I've called the person who built my P.C four years ago and he's sending me the XP CD so I can resolve those issues. Hopefully then that might solve the issue.

If not then I'll still need to DelayLoad the SHELL32.dll which I fear may end up being the case.

Thanks for the link. I'n the mean time can anyone offer specific Windows Studio C++2010 advice on how to delayload the DLL file please? It'd have to include whether to create a new project, the template to use and if relevant: the name and location for the new project, thanks.

Best Regards
    ATS

5. ATS

ATS Private E-2

Isnt this the programming section:
    Can anyone offer specific Windows Studio C++2010 advice on how to delayload the DLL file please? It'd have to include whether to create a new project, the template to use and if relevant: the name and location for the new project, thanks.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

7. ATS

ATS Private E-2

Ive now posted a request for help on their too. Hopefully 4th site lucky!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds