Delete Internet Explorer?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, May 8, 2010.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Forced to download Firefox because I couldn't sign in to certain sites with IE.

Is it safe to remove IE from my computer?

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

I wouldn't do that, though through add/remove programs you can disable it under turn off windows components.

But it is needed to get your updates.

Better to give more details about the issues you are having, what OS and what browser version.

If IE8, which has given some people problems, try running in no add ons mode.:wave:wave

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would agree with Brandy above and dont could remove IE, but what I would be thinking is if you cannot signin to some sites in IE, it may not be an IE issue but something else, and that I would try and get fixed.

4. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Thanks for the advice. I'll leave IE alone.

I tried to sort out why I couldn't sign in to some sites but no joy. None of the IE based browsers, like Crazy Browser, worked so I was forced to download Firefox. I'm getting used to it but Crazy was much better.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you post up any error messages and info on why you could not use IE to sign into websites maybe we can help, would need to know IE version and for you to uninstall Crazy Browser as it runs off th eback end of IE so could conflict with any potential fixes.

Cannot promise a fix but never know.

6. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Thanks Halo.

It was a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't access with Crazy or IE. No messages came up, only one that said it failed to access. The support people on one site said that all members using IE had problems getting in. I guess I'm stuck with Firefox. Pity, because Crazy was so fast and such a short program.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds