deleted adware alert program now log on problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by johnnyhaze, Mar 18, 2009.

1. johnnyhaze

johnnyhaze Private E-2

my stop sign antivirus program recognized this adware alert program i installed as a virus. it erased it and told me to restart. ever since, i cant log on threw safe mode or normal mode. i can only get on threw last known good config. it wont let me restore back to the date before installation of adware alert. keeps saying error with the restore. on log on screen it just keeps rebooting. if i try to log on it reads , (group policy client failed the logon, media is write protected.) another user named PreCast had the same exact problem, and said he found a solution threw restoring some registery entries relating to adware eliminations. anyone have an idea how i would find these? dont want to mess around blindly with regedit . please help

2. johnnyhaze

johnnyhaze Private E-2

went to the malware forum but when i got to step 3 had problems installing last 2 things. i posted what it said. then tim said might not be malware, go elsewhere. im so sorry if this is seen as bad etiquette. i dont want to disrespect no one or tie up these valuable resources. i am very appreciative. thank you

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

No problem - I am sure no disrespect was meant in this case. :) Unfortunately, some folks intentionally post in multiple forums in the hopes of getting help ahead of others who have been waiting longer. I am certain that is not the case here.

Please continue with DomLuc's suggestions.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you can log in through last known good configuration, it might be possible to go through the malware steps.

One of my friends had a problem like that. It seems that while she was on the computer, she'd get an update in the background and the next day was unable to log in again.
    I told her at the end of the day, before she shut off the computer, she should create a restore point then the next day, she would use that restore point to work. Again, before she shut down, she created another restore point. She did this until the update problem was fixed.

5. johnnyhaze

johnnyhaze Private E-2

any idea where to start in rectifying the log on prob? error in restoring to previous date so i cant do that.

6. Digerati

Yes. By following DomLuc's advice posted above, twice now, along with my previous recommendation to follow his advice.

7. johnnyhaze

johnnyhaze Private E-2

i read post dom. is there any way i can circumvent the disk process, dont have the vista disk, bought this computer from someone as is. what is the specific disk i will need. to copy the usernitexewsaupdater for the vista ultimate / dell computer.

8. johnnyhaze

johnnyhaze Private E-2

9. Digerati

If you bought the computer from someone else and it had Vista installed, you should have been given the Windows license. If none, then you need to buy a legal copy of Windows, or go to one of the many free and able Linux alternatives.

10. johnnyhaze

johnnyhaze Private E-2

thanks bro

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds