Deleted Partition While Formatting Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dino_99, Oct 26, 2009.

1. dino_99

dino_99 Private E-2

Hello to all!

was desperately hoping someone can help me out. This morning i was attempting to format a fresh copy windows vista 64 Bit. I got to the part where it showed 2 partitions. I accidently highlighted the smaller one and hit delete... i believe it was 100MB and now it's gone. Any way of getting that back!? Also i went on with the format and the format was successful but tried again to format again just to see if the small partition was there again and it's not. Do i need this small partition? can i get it back in case i do need it one day?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The small partition was probably the recovery partition for your computer. Let's hope that you have at least one of the following: a) an official MS Vista disk b) a set of restore/recovery disks that you either made when you purchased the computer or were included when you bought the computer c) an image of the computer at some point in time.

It is possible to unformat something but I've never done it and I suspect it might not be easy and might not always work.

My suggestion if you do not have any of the three items I mentioned above, head to the website of your computer manufacturer and see if you can purchase a set of recovery disks for your model of computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds