Deleteing System Volume Information folder in Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by stevvie, Sep 27, 2008.

1. stevvie

stevvie Private E-2

I need to reinstall XP. I have 2 drives and they both used to have XP one XP32 and the other XP64. Now I've replaced the XP64 with vista64 for testing DX10 mainly. I usually boot the XP64 and backup all my docs/programs/windows folders and files in a folder called ROOT. I did this in vista OK but I can't delete a the System Volume Information folder thats now 7gig. I usually have no problem deleting this in XP64 but vista just wont let me delete it. System restore is OFF for the XP32 drive in system protection. I have tried enabling it rebooting and then disabling it and rebooting as that was supposed to automatically remove the folder. But that didn't work. I've tried taking ownership, I've even tried takedown/cacls from a dosbox, Please help. The more I use Vista the more I hate it and thats a first for me I was even OK with WindowsME when it first came out. I had noticed that vistaSP1 took almost 7 minutes to MOVE (yes move, not copy) my docs/progs/windows folders into another folder on a samsung F1 512Gig SATA2 drive that usually takes XP a few seconds.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds