Deleting undeletable files and user accounts

Discussion in 'Software' started by tadpole, Aug 2, 2009.

1. tadpole

tadpole Private First Class

Hallo

I have finally been given the "clean bill" from malware removal, for my vista laptop.
    There are some files and user accounts I cannot delete.

An account, logmein, I can only find on security tabs of files. I click advanced, edit, add, advanced, find now, and highlight logmeinremote. The common queries is greyed out, and am unable to disable or delete this account.

There are quite a number of files I wish to delete. I tried using Malawarebytes File Assassin. Some I can unlock and delete, but a number of them give the message "The file you have specified does not exist or is not visible to FileASSASSIN. Please select another file." Other files are giving the "access denied" message.

I would also like to know if it is possible to disable direct root login. I use a LAN connected to Vsat through an external modem, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. paradoxdream

paradoxdream Private First Class

For file deletion
    Try unlocker (32 bit only)
    unlocker

Or boot to the system recovery and use command prompt

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  3. tadpole

Hey paradoxdream,

Thanks for that reply. This unlocker is working great!:-D

tadpole

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

BTW, logmein, should be an app you can uninstall. :)

5. tadpole

Hi theefool

Thanks for your reply. I had uninstalled logmein, but it still shows in my logs. I managed to delete a number of the logmeinremote entrys in the registry, but am unable to delete the Legacy - LMIRFSDRIVER - access denied. I tried to change the permissions, - access denied again. There is also a file under Legacy - REMOTEACCESS\000 - access denied.
    The logmein account is still showing when I go into the security tab.

6. tadpole

Thanks,

Using that tool right now!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds