Deleting uninstall left overs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex30, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi.
    Recently I have been using the search facility in Windows to find files left over after an uninstall and then deleting said files. Can anyone tell me if I am doing a good or a potentialy bad thing?
    Regards Alex.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

As long as you're certain that the files/folder you're deleting are indeed 'leftovers' from uninstalled software, then it's fine, and actually a good idea. When I want to uninstall something completely, I use Revo Uninstaller. It runs the program's own uninstaller, then performs a search of the hard drive and registry for all related files and reg keys. It then shows you list of what was found and you can choose to delete all of the stuff found, some of it, none of it, or you can pick and choose which things to keep or remove. 99% of the time you can choose to remove everything without any problems.... and it's freeware!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds