Dell 1704FPV Internal Speakers perhaps?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spock96, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Morning All,

I was trying to work on something and I remembered that my monitor has USB ports on the side, but they never worked, did some googling and found that I needed a cable to run from the monitor to the PC, luckily i had one laying around. When I went to plug it in I noticed that it had a 12 volt speaker port on the underside that I never noticed before. With that "discover" does it mean that my monitor has speakers built into it? I can't find anything on this when I googled it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Spock96

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As far as I can see in the Dell specs for this monitor is that the port for sound is for a Dell Soundbar add-on and not audio or speakers in the actual monitor itself.

3. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

I see.
    Thanks for the insight David.:)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey no probs! :)

5. fuzzmanks

fuzzmanks Private E-2

DavidGP is correct. You can get the soundbars from Dell or here on Amazon for about $30US. It will snap onto the bottom on your screen.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds