dell 4600 driver problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jpeete, Jun 25, 2012.

1. jpeete

jpeete Private E-2

i redid my system with windows xp prof...install not problem..no longer are my drivers working for ethernet card and when i went to dell download and got the drivers for model they still dont work. I been at it for 2 days im am lost can someone help me please. im on my other pc i need help.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

You must inform us about service tag

http://support.dell.com/support/top...AD1AFE6F90145549F7AA300E6671E47&isLegacy=true

also you have to navigate to Device Manager look for yellow mark

Start - Run mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok

go for it :wave

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As you have a Dell 4600 as the model and as the crucial driver to install is the Chipset then do install this Chipset driver HERE and reboot, then try the rest of drivers HERE

The chipset is crucial as it allow the OS and other drivers to be recognised correctly, without it many devices will not be recognised.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds