Dell All In One 2320

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hornnumb2, May 31, 2013.

1. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

I have been messing with this thing till I am blue in the face. Motherboard is mounted to a metal panel and the lcd is mounted on the front of it. With it put together like it should be the power supply goes into safe mode. I can unscrew lcd where its not touching back metal panel and it works fine or I can put it back together and have the motherboard not touching panel and also works fine. I don't see any place under the motherboard that is touching but with motherboard mounted and lcd unhooked it stays running. My next step is add some rubber washer under the MB. Not sure where to go from here? Any Suggestions? Thanks Michael

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The only thing I can suggest is to go to support.dell.com and enter your service tag number. See if you can download the service manual for the 2320 and then look through the parts to see if perhaps any insulating parts are missing. Then see if you can get those parts and install them (since you've already had the computer apart).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds