Dell Booting Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by darkstarmeyers, Oct 20, 2011.

1. darkstarmeyers

darkstarmeyers Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 7. The other day I was updating the Dell Datasafe back up program when my computer just restarted and will not boot after the Dell Logo screen. It won't go in safe mode, boot from a disc, or from partition. F2 and F12 works so I ran diagnostics and got one error code- 2000-0152, Optical Drive 0 - Incorrect status : 1C. I checked the wires and unplugged and then plugged them back in, ran diagnostics and no code but still same problem. Any suggestion?

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

This PC is not that old, so I can't imagine it being shot. But, stranger things have happened. Dell will pretty much tell you to R&I the drive, and re-check the error code.

Did you boot without it connected?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds