Dell D810/WinXP will not recognize USB Drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TR15220, Oct 31, 2006.

1. TR15220

TR15220 Private First Class

Plugged 1Gb USB drive into USB ports (tried 3 of the 4) and it does not show up under 'My Computer'.

Any suggestions as to how I can get this laptop to access the USB drive?

Thanks in advance......

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

3. TR15220

TR15220 Private First Class

Hi...Tried that but it did not fix the problem.

The USB drive flashes for a second but it appears that the Dell still does not know that it is attached.

I swapped it into the port that that the mouse was working in and then verified that the USB mouse works in all the USB ports on the Dell.

But, still no go.

I've used the flash drive on my laptops at work and at home and I hve no problem with it of these two machines and even tried on 2 other coworkers laptops.

Any suggestions/ideas?

TIA!!!!!

4. sl00py99

sl00py99 Private First Class

:eek: Hi. Just an idea...go into Device Mangler, and look at the entries for USB devices...if you see a "Generic USB Hub", or "Composite Device", uninstall it and reboot and see what you get. Good night and good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds