dell deminsion E310 pc restore no longer on system

Discussion in 'Software' started by ckm82, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

i want to do a pc restore, the tool was on my system when i bought it, but at one point i had someone take a trojan off and they took the pc restore off as well. the reason I need to do a full restore is I filled the c drive with junk and was manually deleting files, books, music etc off the c drive and deleted a few things i shouldn't have and have a mess. I have all the original discs to reload.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

Get all your discs together and give the labels so we can make sure you have what you need. You want to be sure you have one labeled Operating System as well as those for drivers and any software you purchased such as Microsoft Office.

You must realize that a full restore will wipe your hard drive of all data including any music or books you still have. You should backup that data if you need it before doing the factory restore.

*Have you considered trying a Windows System Restore to a date before you experienced your problems? Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Restore. Run the program and see if there is a restore point before you did your "cleanup".

3. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

I hve all the discs. I did the quick restore, but I have been having other problems as well that I haven't been able to fix and dell hasn't been able to help with. Not big problems, just that the C drive it still 1/2 full and itunes has a flag that won't go away, but it still runs. I is there any other way to clean stuff off the c drive?

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

if you are not wanting to do format and re-install and are just looking at removing/deleting files and programs then i would suggest using this tool ....

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

this is great software for getting rid of hard to remove programs/files that normal windows uninstall can't remove.this will also take care of all the leftovers/remenants of the removed items.

iain.t :major

5. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

I'll give that a try first, and see where I end up.

thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds