dell dimension 8300 multimedia audio controller driver for windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Andy., Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy.

Andy. Private E-2

I have a Dell Dimension 8300. I recently installed Windows 7 and I need my sound back. I need the audio controller drivers. I have tried a series of drivers around the Internet and still no sound. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Have you gone to the Dell website, under downloads and drivers, entered your service pack number, selected Win 7 OS? Sorry if I'm being too simplistic, if you have already done this. :wave:wave

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor application before installing Windows 7 as that model Dell came with XP and Dell dont list any drivers for Windows 7 (or even Vista) due to that PC being from circa 2003, so maybe a hard or longer process to get the correct audio drivers as OEM PC do have custom audio chips that need a driver from the OEM company and in this case Dell.

Do me a favour and open Device Manager up and check for yellow ! marks, if you have any please list them.

What Windows version did you have on previously before Windows 7?

Knowing the age of the PC it maybe that no drivers exist, but run the below as written and never know we may find something.

BUT try this, as I did a quick read of the specs and drivers that came with that model and "may" work

Download and install the Intel Chipset from HERE, then reboot, then install the Realtek AC97 driver from HERE

4. Andy.

Andy. Private E-2

I didn't install Windows 7 on my Desktop, a friend done it for me as I was having PC issues before when previously running Windows XP Professional SP2

Device Manager details you requested:

I tried to install the Chipset up-date and it wouldn't finish as it says "Your computer doesn't meet the mininum requirements". However, I installed the Realtek AC'97 Audio driver; Build 6.0.1.6305 and still no sound working.

I downloaded the Everest like requested by yourself Halo and I have attached the report in my post for you.

Thanks for the assistance so far, hopefully you can help me to get the sound working.

:cool

Attached Files:

5. DavidGP

Hi

Try this Chipset for the i875p HERE and remember to reboot if installed ok, then check your device manager and tell us what items have yellow ! marks by them?

IF it does install ok re-install that Audio driver again,

6. Andy.

Andy. Private E-2

Installed the Chipset fine, didn't have any issues. Restarted then re-installed the Audio Driver again, still no sound. In my Device manager, I still have the two same problems:

I'll re-try this step over again and see if it works, then up-date this post below.

7. DavidGP

Hi

Looks from reading more into this and looking over your Everest log again, that you have an add-on audio card in the Creative SB Live! Series Audio Processor as well as the onboard Analog Devices AD1980, as Creative dont offer any Windows 7 drivers for the early SB Live series, you maybe best to remove that card and see if the onboard sound can work ok.

But what you could try is a customised version of the Creative drivers from Daniel K a very tanlented chap who has managed to get many creative drivers working with Windows Vista and 7 from HERE NOTE: they are unsupported but many have had sucess so worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds