Dell DIMENSION C521 RAM? Help.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cronoisme, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Cronoisme

Cronoisme Private First Class

Hey I got a Dell DIMENSION C521. Im looking for ram for it. I opened up my computer and wrote down the type of ram it is.
    -I have 2 512MB 1Rx8 PC2
    -The mother board chip is Nvidia S6100154 0641A3.

Anyway I havent bought ram in a long time and I forget how to go about it properly. I know its PC2 ram but I feel like im missing something and I dont want to order the incorrect ram. Is there anyway I can find out what kind of ram i exactly need?

2. Cronoisme

I just checked the dell website and it says for my computer type the ram is this.

Your Dimension C521 System Specs
    System specs as shipped by the manufacturer.
    Scan your system to view your specific system configuration.
    Memory:
    DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400

Does that mean I can put either the pc2 5300 in there or the pc2 6400 in the computer and they both will work? If so should I get the 6400 I presume?

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

4. Cronoisme

I dont know if thats the correct ram. Or can it be any kind of pc2 ram?

5. Cronoisme

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds