dell e510-cpu?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by decadentdog, Feb 17, 2011.

1. decadentdog

decadentdog Private First Class

This dell e510 would not boot up;black screen with rv370 p/n-113-a62801...everything suggests graphics card. Owner paid for mobo replacement; still had same problem( repair shop said no warranty). they wanted him to pay for another mobo. he gave it to me. I messed with it for days, couldn't figure it out. This afternoon I took the P4 processor out; looked like it had been filed smooth. I pulled the P4 out of the HP we tried to fix and installed without paste. Heat sink fan came on and ran so high I thought it would go to pieces. It finally settled down, so I shut it down until I pick up some thermal paste tomorrow. How much paste should I put on it, and does this sound like it might work?

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, decadentdog.

Of course it's worth a shot. Only use enough paste to very thinly cover the processor - all it should be doing is filling in the surface imperfections of the top of the chip and the bottom plate of the heatsink.

Attached Files:

3. decadentdog

decadentdog Private First Class

Hey Caliban, it worked. I just hooked up the monitor,( i forgot I had taken the HP's HDD and put in too), and the OS came right on up. The HS fan s=is still running a little fast but maybe that will straighten out when I put the paste on it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds