Dell Image Expert "Error Opening Database: 3204"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bierman9, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Bierman9

Bierman9 Private E-2

I have a Dell Dimension 8250, running Windows XP Home. I have successfully used Dell Image Expert for some time. Recently I get the error message "Error Opening Database: 3204" when trying to open Dell Image Expert.... I have removed the program and re-installed from the CD and still get the error... Any thoughts?

Thnx!

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

3. Bierman9

Bierman9 Private E-2

I'll give that a shot, too.

Thnx!

4. Bierman9

Bierman9 Private E-2

Cat,

I found a suggestion there that seems to have worked.

Thnx!!

5. Cat_w_9_lives

Hi Bierman9,

Can you let us know what worked, helps the next person with the same issue.

Thanks you,

Cat

6. Bierman9

Bierman9 Private E-2

Starting at the link listed in Cat's 29Dec reply below, I followed this lead:

"Glen Pandey
    Joined on 12/09/2003
    Points 0Re: Dell Image Expert
    09 Dec 2003 12:25PM
    The error you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted database file Image Expert uses. To resolve this issue it will be necessary to delete this file.

1. Close Image Expert
    2. Click Start > Find > Files and Folders (in Win 2000, XP, and ME, it will be Start >Search > For Files and Folders)
    3. In the Named field type in ixdb.mdb
    4. In the Look In field make sure you are searching your entire hard drive
    5. Click the Find Now or Search Now button depending on your operating system
    6. Once this file is located right-click it and choose Delete from the menu"

After doing that, I re-installed from the CD.

Been working fine since...

7. Cat_w_9_lives

Thank you Bierman,

Sorry I misread your other post and thought it was something else at Dell that worked. Thanks for posting and cleaning up my misread.

Cat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds