dell inspirion big wireless problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mariuselll, Sep 7, 2011.

1. mariuselll

mariuselll Private E-2

I've recently bought Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop, however there seems to be one small issue: can't get WLan drivers installed.
    Tried installing drivers from Dell Drivers & Downloads section (yes, used my service tag), but there was a problem with following ones:

- R252544 for Dell Wireless WLAN 1520 Half MiniCard. Result: "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed." Half Mini Card
    - R252283 for Intel Intel(R) WiFi Link 6200 "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed."

All these messages appear right after running setup. Other drivers were installed successfully and in the right order.
    Please help me if you have any ideas..i am a bit desperate:(

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi mariuselll and welcome to MGs.
    Can you post your service tag so we can see the original configuration?
    Or alternatively, can you copy and paste the network adapters' description?

If these drivers are not installing and you do have this hardware installed, then you should be contacting Dell about a warranty claim. The adapters could be DOA. (Not likely but possible that it slipped through QC controls)

3. mariuselll

mariuselll Private E-2

The service tag: FLW5RQ1. I`ve noticed that many people have problems with dell drivers..now i am dissapointed for choosing a dell laptop.

4. LordOlives

LordOlives Private First Class

You could check the Device Manager to see if there are any Unknown Devices listed. If you don't see any unknown devices you might have a problem.

5. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

This might sound dumb but, does wireless work? Do you have 2 wireless cards?

6. mariuselll

mariuselll Private E-2

Yes, the wireless works. I went to a neighborhood service, but they couldn`t fix the problem.However , i found this http://forums.majorgeeks.com/archive/index.php/t-175069.html , but it is a bit hard for me to understand. There are many complains about dell network drivers.
    What should i do next?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds