Dell Inspiron 1150 Hard Drive trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deedoome, Sep 14, 2005.

1. deedoome

deedoome Private E-2

All I can get when powering up is "Primary Hard Disk Drive not found". I've replaced the hard drive but still get the same messages. In setup, it tells me there is no primary hard drive. This computer is 9 mos old. Dell wants me to send it to them. Help please!

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

When you replaced the HD, did you set tthe jumper to master?

3. deedoome

deedoome Private E-2

No. I'm quite new at this. How do I set the jumper to master? Thanks

4. Ruebarb

WHen looking at the back of the HD, you should find a small box with 8 pins in it, with a piece of plactic (jumper), white or black usually. Near or above that on top of the hd, their should be a little sticker or etched in the casing that states slave, master, and other modes. find that sticker and place the jumper over the 2 pins that corespond to the pic, in some cases the master setting has the jumper removed completely, not using any pins.

5. deedoome

deedoome Private E-2

Thank you!! I Have Hard Drive!

6. Ruebarb

Nice, glad it solved your problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds