Dell Inspiron 1200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trumanmc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. trumanmc

trumanmc Private E-2

Hi Everyone,
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1200 that on boot up will display the Dell splash screen for about 5 seconds and then go dark. The computer will boot up OK. I hooked a monitor to it to verify. I replaced the inverter PCB but still have the same problem. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Truman

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

EDIT- I tried to delete this 'cuz I posted on the wrong thread.... :-o OOOOPS!

3. Tray-C

Tray-C Private E-2

I had the exact same problem.
    I did research and found that if you CAN see something at the beginning, but then the screen goes black, then it's the backlight, not the inverter. I just replaced my LCD screen and it now works just fine. I WAS concerned that it was the inverter, but your post confirmed my thoughts because I was afraid that if I just replaced the screen, that I'd have to replace the inverter too. Since you replaced your inverter FIRST and it still didn't work, and I replaced my screen and not the inverter, then your problem is the exact same as mine...just the screen. I found one on ebay for a total of $70 for my screen.
    Note: the LCD screens do not usually come with inverters, so you'll need to remove your inverter from your current screen and place it in the new one. When I got mine, I had to contact the seller because the inverter casing wasn't the same size. I was instructed to just place it the best I could, then use electrical tape to secure it more. Then, when the bezel is put back together, the bezel would secure it so it wouldn't move.

All is working fine now :)

Tracy

4. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

it shows the splash everytime? and your system is 100% stable when using an external monitor?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds