Dell Inspiron 1521 Dead

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LuckyBytes50, Mar 13, 2010.

1. LuckyBytes50

LuckyBytes50 Private E-2

My sister asked me to look at her Dell Inspiron 1521 that will not power up at all. The battery was replaced and nothing. I checked the voltage from the transformer, it was/is reading 20v dc. I reseated both sticks of memory and the hard drive. It doesn't matter whether you use battery or wall power; nothing, no lights, no beeps, nothing appears to be running i.e. fans, hard drive doesn't spin up. I detect absolutely no life what so ever. I'm thinking motherboard but wanted to get other opinions first.

Thanks for any and all advice.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would take it you have tried using the laptop with mains with the battery out as well? just checking.

With no boot at all then it seems terminal, and yes motherboard could seem the main culprit but it could be anything, dont know if its under warranty still but check with Dell on this.

3. LuckyBytes50

LuckyBytes50 Private E-2

Hi Halo,
    Thanks for the quick reply, and to answer your question yes I've pulled the battery out while connected to wall power. No luck there either. Nope to the warranty situation, its about 2 1/2 years old.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds