DELL INSPIRON 1525 ((595B - CMOS password!!))

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pajarito541, Jul 24, 2010.

1. pajarito541

pajarito541 Private E-2

I bought a DELL INSPIRON 1525 at a yard sale and turned it on perfectly. Got home and turned on and it popped a gray screen saying that the system is protected by a password (BIOS password). I tried to guess one and actually tried like 100 but none worked. I called the person who had sold it to me and he agreed to call DELL but when we called, the LAP TOP had expired so had it was not under warranty anymore and if we wanted the password we had to pay around $100 which I personally think is not fair since this guy bought the lap top from them, they have no right to do that but oh well, that's how they work and we can't do nothing about it. So what I'm trying to do is to find out if there's a way to remove or skip the BIOS password. I come to this forum because I've found so much information here that has helped me a lot and I'm hoping to get help on this issue too. It's been like 1 week and I'm going crazy. This is my last hope because there's no way I'm paying extra $100 for this lap top... any help please.

Dell Inspiron 1525
    it's one of these lap tops with "xxxxxxxxxx-595B"
    any help would be great appreciated. thank you in advance!

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks!

No one on this forum is going to help you bypass a BIOS password, because it would enable people with malicious intent to misuse the information.

The best option I can recommend to you is to search eBay, as some people offer services that may help you at a fraction of the cost that Dell charges.

However, beware that there are a lot of scams on eBay as well... so shop at your own risk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds