DELL Inspiron 1525

Discussion in 'Software' started by ArPa, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ArPa

ArPa Private E-2

I bought a DELL Inspiron 1525 from a friend. Someone gave it to him but didn't give him a password. I want to know if there is anyway that I can reset the log in password? Its running Windows Vista Home Premium. I really need your help ASAP. Thanks!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Easiest and obvious answer is to ask your friend to contact the person who gave it to him and get the password.....

Other than that, is this the Administrator account username? If so, try entering no password and just clicking OK. If no password was set this would get you in.

There are ways to reset account passwords on Vista. However, as you may agree the legitimacy of telling users on an open forum how to change passwords or bypass them is open to abuse, so details on how you exactly do this won't be given at MajorGeeks.com.

3. ArPa

ArPa Private E-2

Ah! That's what I was trying to avoid. Ask the other person for it. I guess I have no other choice than to do that. I thought there would be other ways but it seems like there isn't. Thanks!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds