Dell Inspiron 1750 Touchpad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tjogiyat, Apr 29, 2011.

1. tjogiyat

tjogiyat Private E-2

Hello Guys

This is my first post so any assistance would be much appreciated.

Recently the touchpad on my dell inspiron 1750 seems to lock / freeze on start up, occasionally it will reacivate after 10/15 mins but on most other occasions i need to remove the battery and restart.

Over the last couple of days the keyboard seems to freeze as a result of approx 10/15 mins of inactivity - again need to restart the laptop to reactivate.

Have tried the following with no success:

1) System Restore
    2) Downloaded the touchpad driver from the Dell website - still no luck.

External mouse and keyboard seem to be working fine.

If you require any further info then please let me know but this is really beginning to frustate me so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

I'm guessing here but I would suspect that your laptop is going into sleep/hibernation and just tapping the Keybaord or the Touchpad doesnt always bring Windows back to life, so just try this for me as a test.

Leave the laptop for the 10/15mins and then check its non responsive, if so then and just press the power button once, a quick one press, dont hold it down, press and release quickly and see if that helps, I get this issue on my netbook.

Have you installed any new software just before this happened, and if so what?

Check device manager for any devices with yellow ! marks by them and if so what?

3. tjogiyat

tjogiyat Private E-2

Hi David

Windows 7 64 Bit,

Use of power button does not seem to help. The touchpad can be working fine but if i shut down and restart the chances are it will freeze and to reactivate i will need to restart the laptop.

No new software has been downloaded and device manager does not show any yellow marks.

Problem seemed to occur when my 2 year old daughter tapped the touchpad several times !!!

Thanks for your reply

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds