Dell Inspiron 6000 Missing Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by ericaok, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ericaok

ericaok Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 running on Windows XP professional sp3.

I opened Device Manager and I am missing the Multimedia Audio Controller and Video Controller.

I've searched through every other thread concerning this computer model and drivers, and everytime I click on the driver, it links me to the Dell site, which for whatever reason isn't functioning for me. It sends me to a blank internet page whenever I download the drivers.

I have the chipset, modem, wireless--everything else has been installed. I'm only missing those two.

Please help!

:)

2. ericaok

ericaok Private E-2

Okay, an update: I managed to install the audio driver, but when I attempt the video driver, it says that a file is missing or corrupt. :(

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Will need to know the model of Video card that you have in your Dell 6000 as it could have come with the Intel or ATi graphic card?

Dont need a log posting, all thats needed is run this free app SPECCY and then click Summary > and under Graphics you should likely see a Monitor name with @ number x number and then the graphics card below

Sample from my PC

if you dont see the same type of info as mine, then run the below and "attach" the log as requested.

What is the file that you are being told that is missing?

Have you just had to re-install Windows or had Malware on your PC?

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by any devices (I know one maybe graphics/video)?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds