Dell Inspiron 9100 USB Lockups

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [v75th]CB, Nov 1, 2005.

1. [v75th]CB

[v75th]CB Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100, 3.2ghz Laptop and Use it for telecommunication system programming,
    Running WinXp home SP2.
    The problem is when i try to install USB Drivers to program a Panasonic Voicemail System, The PC Locks up while the usb driver is being installed.
    Panasonic says ??? Duh!
    It works on my dell Desktop PC.

Help Please...
    Carmine

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Not quite sure what you mean your laptop already has usb drivers installed,I guess you mean an automated voicemail system that works seperately of your computer just hooked up to a phoneline once you have programmed it and it locks up when you try install the driver for your laptop to communicate and program it :confused:

So the voicemail system has a usb communication jack,when you hook it up to your laptop do you receive a message that a usb device has been connected and the addnewhardware wizard starts :confused:

3. [v75th]CB

[v75th]CB Private E-2

Yes,
    I Plug in the USB cable to the Voicemail unit to Set It Up,
    Get the Wizard and when it tries to install the USB Drivers,
    POW - It Freezes Up.
    I Called Panasonic and they are clueless.
    Dell will be also.
    I Was running WinXP SP-1 and upgraded to SP-2.
    Still the same.
    I Have deleted Registry keys and uninstalled Panasonic Application software Also.
    It worked ok on my desktop pc, But fails on my laptop...
    Dazed and Confused

4. [v75th]CB

[v75th]CB Private E-2

So the voicemail system has a usb communication jack,when you hook it up to your laptop do you receive a message that a usb device has been connected and the add new hardware wizard starts :confused:[/QUOTE]
    And When driver file is loading it Craps.
    All Keys stop working
    Power off/on is only option.

5. Rikky

can you post the exact name of the voicemail system and the name of the driverfile you are trying to install :)

6. Rikky

one more thing you keep referring to the voicemail drivers as usb drivers,the usb drivers for your laptop are already installed with windows,the only software you should be trying to install is the communication software,with modern hardware you dont need to use the hardware wizard,you just exit out of the hardware wizard and run the setup file located on the disk supplied with the voicemail device :confused:

7. [v75th]CB

[v75th]CB Private E-2

Panasonic TVA50 Voicemail
    Comes with software disk
    USB Driver is included and when pc recognizes device,
    I asks for the USB drivers for this Device.
    They are, i am led to believe, Specific to this device..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds